Thursday, January 31, 2013

could i be any more tired?

I feel like my head is spinning in Spanish.

Words I know are jumping into my brain for no reason as I try to go to sleep.

I full sentences and I don't know what they're saying, not to mention, they're speaking so fast that the chattering echoes in my head.

But even through all the chatter and chaos that is my mind right now, I know I've been here before.

When we first arrived, I started having deja vu all over the place, but now it seems more than that.

I feel the angels are working in me with great zeal!  I feel that we're supposed to be here and that all my purpose is going to be revealed.

Every moment of the day seems right and that we are only moving in such a way that we're being led by our noses.

When it was time to make the decision to set up shop in the DR, it seemed like everything just fell into place.

The house sold, my case settled, Papi got everything done that we needed to in terms of research ...

... have i mentioned how much work he did to get us here?!?!  mi esposo is a genius! ...

... and we bought a ticket and got on our way.

All the animals survived, we got a few more and every move in the house give me a surreal feeling of knowing what comes next without knowing.  We're supposed to be here.  I've been here before.

I have so much I want to do, but I realized yesterday that the most important thing for me to do is to try to start an organization for environmental purposes.

There is NO recycling.  Every time I have to throw away a can, paper or plastic, I am met with a cringe that verges on nausea.  It's not right.  Something has to be done.

Papi doesn't think I can do it, but step by step, little by little, I believe I can make a change in this country.  I really do.

I'm going to start with finding out where this mysterious hotel is that apparently recycles cans and begin a can/bottle awareness drive.  That will be my first step.

Someone on Papi's Facebook page suggested getting a Canadian grant to try to bring funds into the country for recycling, or a maybe a company that can sponsor something.

That will be something to look into for step 20 maybe.

That one seems a bit scary because I don't have the savvy for working with the government, but I suppose everyone has to start somewhere, no?

That's just one of my bees in my bonnet.

I really believe I'm here for a reason.  It has to be the right thing.  I'm feeling the support of angels so strongly now.

I just wish they could heal my still ailing stomach!!!  Dammit!!!  Let's get this over with!!!

Yesterday, I realized by way of a friend that I'm having culture shock.  I have never experienced it, so how would I know what I was going through?

My back was in agony from all the stress and my stomach wasn't helping matters.

It didn't help that I didn't eat properly yesterday, but they had to turn the gas off to do the renos.

End of the day, I lost it.  Full on Hurricane Andréa.

I didn't care if we had a guard standing outside our home.  I would have just preferred someone come in and do me in.

There is nothing in the world like what we've been experiencing here.

On top of all the stress of getting things done, I didn't need back pain.  It seriously threw me over the edge, especially because I no longer have pain meds to take off the edge.

Tears were reaming down my face and I was snapping at Papi.

The saddest part is this is the thick of the mania and I can't film, because the people will see our video camera and come back to rob us.  You would truly enjoy the gads of children and 20-odd dogs that come through our yard every day.

Damn dogs.  Won't be nice to me.  Don't they know who I am?!?!

Anyway, I got up this morning before they got their renos on and cooked while I had the chance.

I had my eggs and some hash-browns, but you know what?  I haven't had coffee since the sickness started.

I'm already dehydrated enough, I don't need caffeine thrown in there.  So, for 5 days I've been caffeine free.

That would also explain the meltdown.  There is a good 3 day window when quitting coffee that you are a Dr. Heckle/Mr. Hyde personae.

I was evil last night.  Today I'm feeling much better.  But still, I'm so tired.  So, so, so tired.

No rest for the wicked.

following my intuition and my heart keeps me safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments make this world feel smaller ... and you feel closer