Friday, June 28, 2013

insanity.

If it's not the power, it's the internet.

If it's not the internet, it's my computer or new keyboard.

Seriously, if everything here worked at the same, I'd be confused.

Now the pool equipment is broken.

The last time I tried to practise for the kids at Dream Project, my new keyboard didn't work.

I'm going to buy a new keyboard with my birthday money on Monday.

I was going to get a haircut, and got the phone number of a hair stylist, but didn't go.

So, just like when I was younger, my money will go to instruments.

When I was about 13, I decided I wanted to save to move to Australia.

Because it's warm.

I saved and saved from my job at McDonald's, and when I had a few hundred, I bought a keyboard instead and was stuck in rainy, cold Vancouver.

It feels just like that again, only this time, all I'm losing out on is good hair.

To hell with my nasty, natty hair.  Normally it IS all about my hair.  Not this time.

I need to practise piano, and bass for that matter.

I've been sticking around playing with the MusicMan after teaching the short ones, and I'll tell you, I am out of shape.

It's a good kick in the ass.

It reminds me of who I used to be.  I need to play well again.

It was too hard to play while I was in pain after my motorcycle accident.

I can do it now.  I just need to get in going.

Anyway, the only place to buy instruments on the island is in Santo Domingo.

That's a 3 hour drive, but we have to go there Monday.

I decided to follow through on the 2nd opinion about Mr. Lumpy.  I tried to tell him to go, but it didn't work.

Now he's angry.  So, I'll double check about his intentions.

The piano student I have?

Her mother had a broken spine and went for X-Rays and CT Scan at the same hospital I went for my biopsy, but the people working there didn't know she had a hairline fracture in one of her vertebrae.

If she had've broken it all the way through with one bad move, she'd be paralyzed.

Fortunately, in her home country they found the fracture and fixed her up.

Then, Jersey Girl had gone for a blood test while she was sick, and the doctors told her that by the results, she should be dead.

Something tells me they're not too good at their result readings.

I'll go to the capitol where they have a really good hospital and hope that they can give me the confidence to trust their negative results.

And at the same time, I'll get some manuscript for teaching and buy a new keyboard so I can practise.

Well, of course, I can practise if we have power.

If we have power, I can have internet and blog.

If we have power, we can clean the pool.

That is of course, after we get the equipment fixed.

Then, something else will go.

It's insanity.

But it occurred to me this morning, as I was driving home from teaching, that I'm actually living here.

I'm actually living in the Dominican Republic.

No matter how many crazy troubles we have, we're really here.

Holy shit.

We're really here.

i open my heart and allow wonderful things to flow into my life

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments make this world feel smaller ... and you feel closer