Monday, February 25, 2013

no bleach for you!

Well, yesterday, I swam in the pool.

'Swam' is kinda my own interpretation of the action, but the point is, I went in and didn't singe from the chemicals, because I am bubble girl.

I didn't dunk myself, because didn't want to get my hair wet.

I just did it yesterday, and it's all about my hair.

I treaded water, floated Papi around like he was a raft and let him lie with his mouth gaping open in relaxation.

I sat on the little custom seats the Pool Man built us, and then BLAMMO!!!!!!  It hit me!!!!!!

I have a new obsession.

Catching things in the net.

Little things.

Tiny leaves, dead bugs, chunks of dirt, you name it, I was in there catching them.

I couldn't relax and enjoy myself, because I was too preoccupied with catching things.

That pool is going to be clean I tell ya.

Because not only was I catching things in the net, but I was engrossingly scrubbing the water line.

Too much dirt.

I know when I want to have a bath, that damn thing better be sparkling, or my body isn't going in.

There won't be much of that here.  We have no bath.

But there is a pool.

I scrubbed, I caught.

I bounced around like a loon.

I saw another thing to catch, I caught.

I saw a spot that could use more scrubbing, I scrubbed.

O.C.D. has it's place in life if it's not ruling your life.

Here's to hoping this is just a phase because it's a new pool.

Otherwise, I may not ever be exercising or relaxing in it.

I'll be cleaning it.

You would never know I have O.C.D. from the state of my house.

Last night, I dreamed that my house was so messy, the Housemaid couldn't clean it.

Which is just a silly dream.

If there's things lying around, she'll either wash them (even if it's silk) or throw it away (like the camera lens cap).

I had to learn a lot of new words really quickly to salvage our items.

Remember that conversation we had about no bleach?  Some way, somehow, one of my remaining T-shirts that didn't get hit on the first round, now has a nice big bleach blotch in it.

It's supposed to be a black shirt.

It WAS one of the last faves that I was so grateful she didn't give the bleach blast to that first week.

Well, she blasted it Friday.

Now I have to talk to her.  Again.

Actually, I'm asking her to remove the bleach from my house.  She can bring it to her house, and never, ever, ever will it be in my house again.  That should take care of it.

It's like taking a Game Boy away from a child.  You're grounded.  No more bleach for you.  Go destroy your own things.

Anyway, we do have a yard keeper, the Dominican Daddy to clean the pool, but he may not have a job there.

It's mine.  All mine.

Don't you touch my net and scrubby thing.  They're mine.

So are the leaves, dirt and bugs.

Except that one that was crawling on my head this morning, so I flicked it off, then it was then crawling on my arm and I couldn't identify it, so I panicked and did the creepy crawly dance while flailing to get it off my arm.

He can have that one.

today i focus on loving myself and trusting the universe

6 comments:

  1. Eeee,creepy crawlies! I'm reading a travel book and am learning that there are gross things that live out there,in the places I want to go...and they are numerous and not afraid of humans. Your pool sounds like it gave you a good workout! It must be satisfying to finally get in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good god the creepy crawlies. i've never felt so creeped out in my life. there's something on the window sill now. no idea what that is either.

      the dogs love to eat cockroaches. that's good.

      i just don't like it when the cats kill the geckos!!! i love geckos!!

      Delete
  2. Yeay! You are in your pool! Don't toss the bleach yet - you might be able to use it to disinfect your well and pipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no bleach in the house ever. i'll find something else to clean it with, but that stuff has left and she will never ruin another of my clothes with it. i'm sure she'll find other creative ways to destroy it, but it won't be by bleach.

      Delete
  3. I'd like to see this creepy crawly dance, I could use a laugh :)
    I'm glad you and Papi are starting to enjoy your new life. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah ... we need a camera crew to follow us around. can't do both at the same time hahaha!

      it is getting better. definitely.

      a xo

      Delete

your comments make this world feel smaller ... and you feel closer