Monday, October 17, 2011

The Concert of the MRI

Papi's bad.

Papi gave me the flu.

Papi will receive lashes when I'm feeling better.

Normally, I would just sleep it off, but we've had plans for about a month now to go to Seattle.

I did the film score for Mette Bach's film Ms. Thing, directed by Karen X. Tulchinsky.

So the director, and one of the personalities who acted, S.D. Holman, are meeting Papi and I to see the film at the Seattle Lesbian and Gay Film Festival.

The Yank will join us for the film as well.

So, anyway, we've been planning this for a few weeks, and I feel like crap.

grrrrrrrr ...

Yet, the only thing that would really keep me from going is if my bitch of a back told me we weren't.

or if my ears, nose and eyes were all bleeding simultaneously ...

Anyway, that bitch of a back is trying to tell me she'd rather stay in bed.  So, I shut her up good with a little dose of my Crack Butter.

She would have squawked anyway, whether I was sick or not, so fuck her.

I love going on road trips, but damn, that bitch hates it.

I had my MRI yesterday and I really hope it shows something that can be fixed.  Both my doctor and physio say it won't, but I'm being optimistic and hoping to prove them wrong.

Seriously.

Shut that bitch up.

While I was in the MRI, I was happy on Crack Butter.

i figured out the right dose ... not to be mistaken with the MC OD that i had on friday.

The radiologist corked my ears with plugs, and put little pads on my ears to muffle the 'noise'.

This 'noise' was a samplers dream!

I had the most fun I'd had in a while.

There were about 5 different sounds that took their own turn, and each one of them would last a few minutes.

I found rhythm in each and every one of them, and I also found melodies to sing along.

Just as I'd gotten the song down however, the 'noise' would change.

Due to the free thinking I had going on, when the first 'noise' changed I forgot that I was in an MRI and said, "HEY!!"

I wanted to continue with, "I was listening to that!"

Fortunately, I realized that if I continued, I would look like I was in need of more than just pain relief.

Song after song played, I hummed along, and before I knew it, my concert was finished.

I really want to go back and ask if I could get samples of the sounds that were going on in there.

There were acid, arpeggiated tones that you'd find akin to The Crystal Method or The Chemical Brothers.  If you took one of the 'sounds' from their music, then imagine it going on for 2-3 minutes, that's what it was like.

It was a programmers party!

Anyway, now that the proper dose of today's Crack Butter has set in, I've had my coffee and the Oil of Oregano has made my throat feel like I can speak to humans, I'm going to get ready for the road trip.

I will have to remove Sir Bark-A-Lot from my lap surgically first, I'm assuming.

i think he's just using me for my warm fever ...

I hope you find joy in your day.

I'm pretty sure I will too.

10 comments:

  1. I feel your pain, I've got some kind of fluey bug atm. Funny I do that with noises, I have a little tune in my head that goes with the train, another for the ticking of the clock by my bed - although that one keeps me awake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you're the first person I've ever known who's enjoyed MRI noise!! Hope you have a great time in Seattle. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @dirty, i once had a ticking alarm clock that melted into my reality and every song i wrote was either MM=60 or MM=120

    @vee, it was awesome! and now i found a friend who may be able to help me sample them

    @lion, life is good, isn't it? as long as you look for the good, you'll find it ... welcome to my good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe Andrea, I hope you feel better! And if you go on your road trip, I sure hope you have fun regardless of that nasty flu! The flu sucks! I, myself, have a little sinus crapage going on...YUCK!

    I just want to make sure you know who I am...I switched and changed blogs...this is K Marie...come visit me...I miss your comments on my crazy life escapades as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi kim :)

    thank you for letting me know ... i will be there xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! You are one of my favorites my dear! I missed you! LOL...

    See you there soon!

    OH, just in case because I'm not putting it on my other blog. My address is:

    http://moderately-difficult.blogspot.com/

    How are you feeling today?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What Lion said ^ is painted on my back room wall...so yeah - dance !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i will dirty ... you know i will xoxo

    ReplyDelete

your comments make this world feel smaller ... and you feel closer