Friday, June 10, 2011

Heal.

So, my drummer says to me, "You're just someone who attracts chaos," he added, "the most peace I've ever seen you in is when you got off eating wheat."

Yes.

I have food allergies, and wheat definitely makes me a bit of a coo-coo for coco puffs.  But seriously?  That's the most peace he's seen me in?  That was just the beginning of being able to think clearly.

In the 16 years that I've known him, this is what he remembers as my life changing experience?

mr., you don't remember how much better it got when i got clean 'n sober?!

I really thought that I had a much more peaceful life now.  It's really all I strive for is no chaos, drama, pain, or whatever else comes up.

I honestly thought when I married Papi that we'd just stroll down that path to happily ever after.

oh the fairy tales we conjure ...

Well, I suppose that path is a little bit more uneven and has a few boulders to crawl over.

Yet still, we're doing it together.

Another thing my drummer said to me was, "You just have to take responsibility for your chaos.  Accept it as is.  It's just what it is for you.  That's your life."

"But I don't want the chaos.  I keep trying to get away from it and have a calm life."

"Somewhere in there you're used to it and you want the familiarity."

it's that fucking teenager!!!!  it's her!!!  i know it!!!

I guess I can look back on my life and see that it truly is like a cloud that follows me.  It just hangs over my head and there's not much I can do to shake it.

At least now I can laugh at myself.

That is of course, once I get past the turmoil that is the current day pain.

Yup.

I surely do look back and I say to myself, "What the fuck was that all about?!?!?"

Does that mean I really want all the ridiculous life experiences?

I don't know.  Maybe it will make for a good book.  I will be turning this current journey into a book.  Maybe I need to make one for my whole life?  It certainly would be an interesting read.

to all you people who wish your life was a little more exciting ... no you don't.  enjoy your calm.

Or maybe I just need my own reality show.  Maybe I need to turn that documentary I'm making into a pitch for some hairbrained station like Fox or MTV.

ok ... seriously ... why the hell is mtv even ASSOCIATED with music anymore?!?!?

All I know is, the adult it me truly does not want this hurt.

Last night my stomach twisted and turned in anticipation of my love coming home and seeing the wreckage.

I'm shaking and it's not the coffee.

The person in me who loves Papi like there was no tomorrow wants to be the one to heal my love's wounds.

I want to change the dressings and help mi esposo heal.  I want to clean the incision so that I feel like I'm responsible for alleviating this disaster.

I want to mend my love.

Maybe in turn, I will find some restoration for myself?

Could be.

You really do have to give love away to receive it.

And that fucking teenager is just going to have to deal with it.

I really wish she'd just shut the fuck up.

Gawd she's annoying.

12 comments:

  1. I agree with your drummer :->

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey anonymous ... i think i know who you are from your: :-> ... me thinks there's a Papi lurking in my midst ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you celiac? my wife is, she can't eat any gluten.

    Anyway, what are you gonna do about your band when you move? :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. fortunately not celiac! only wheat, processed foods like sugar and other bleached crud, cow dairy and potatoes.

    if i stay off those, i'm fine lol!

    as for the band, they'll have to come do some shows in the dominican and i'll have to come back to do shows here :) and in europe and the US.

    i plan on doing mostly film scores by that point, and will be a resort musician ... but i'll play good music, not the crap people think people wanna hear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey How did you know that was me???!!! I was sneaky and anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. because Papi ... you're the only one i know that puts a nose in your smiley face xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I was going to get super powers when I got sober but no such luck. I guess I'll have to settle for being reasonably happy.
    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah elliot ... they promise you the world when you get clean 'n sober so that you'll stick with it.

    really you just get to experience life on life's terms and remember it the next day.

    welcome to my insane blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with your drummer too :)

    And being sober means facing up to the stresses and problems that are always going to be part of life. Not hiding from them in a bottle.
    Just as you get one thing sorted along comes another.
    That's just life.

    Shit init ?

    Chin up Andrea...you're fab and you can do it.x

    Hey Papi ! Hope you're on the mend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i guess my drummer is alright eh?

    and yeah ... sober doesn't mean you get any less shit. you just have to remember it is all.

    papi's getting better :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can tell you are getting better!! You do know what to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that teenager is another story gayle :)

    ReplyDelete

your comments make this world feel smaller ... and you feel closer