Saturday, March 5, 2011

More awards :)

I believe the awards I receive daily are the comments that I am given.  It's so sweet to see '1 unmoderated comment' in my dashboard.

But there are also people who will give me real shiny awards that I get to display on the side of my blog, for all eyes to see.  Each one I'm so very grateful for.

Here's two more I received:

this one is from 7ladybugs click on it! it is the second time i received it, so i think i don't have to repeat the words from the last time i received it :)

this one is the newest one and it's from borderline girl, so i'll be doing the work on this one yikes! but click on it to see her blog too!

You can click on these new awards and read their blogs ... I also have them on the side.

You may recognize one of them :) it is making it's rounds in many blogs, but I'm still pleased to receive it a 2nd time.

Just like with the 'Versatile Blogger' I received, the 'Stylish Award' also comes with rules:

these generous people are making me work!  especially because i have to find new people to give the latter to!
  1. Thank the person who gave me the award, and link to them. (see above. I did!)
  2. List 7 things about me.
  3. Pass the award on to 15 newly discovered bloggers.
  4. Contact them, and tell them about the award.

Anyway, here's more about me:

I'm envious of girls with nails
I have a man-crush on Jon Stewart's brain
I have a beautiful sister
I secretly want to play the oboe
My favourite flower is the Gerber Daisy (aka African Daisy)
I'm behind 2 years on my taxes
I'm in love with the most wonderful person on the planet 
(you'll have to settle for 2nd most wonderful, sorry)

Here's the blogs that are fancy and stylish:


Alright then, I'm off to inform the above fore-mentioned bloggers.  This could take me a while!

Thank you ladies ... again, you've made my day
xo

10 comments:

  1. I have a little something on my page for you :) and I know you already have it but you deserve it a million more times :)
    ~HUG~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm relatively new to the blog world and have never gotten one of these before! :)

    I enjoy reading your blog- it's really hard to wrap my mind around what you're going through. I really can't imagine. I've had a question for quite some time- we have heard a lot about how you are feeling and what you think about "papi" going through this transformation but I'd really like to hear what she thinks about your response. I mean, in my eyes you have been very supportive of her (VERY supportive!) but I wonder when is it her turn? If she expects you to accept her as she is and be accepting of this huge change, I woudl expect her to be the same. If you're a lesbian, obviously you like woman! But now after all these years, you're woman is going to be a woman any more (for all intents and purposes anwyays) So really what she is asking you to do by accepting what she says is her nature, is to go against what you feel is your nature! Can't tell you how many night I've been lying in bed trying to wrap my mind around this and wondering how it could work out best for EVERYONE involved. Anyways, I just would like to hear what she thinks of your response and if she feels like it's unfair at all for her to ask you to accept all this. Does that make any sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thank you <3

    PS "secretly want to play the oboe" is probably the coolest secret wish ever. Seriously. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @lady: you are too damn sweet xo ty xo

    @nano: oboes rule :)

    @sugar: papi reads my blog every day, and really does do the best possible to support. it's hard for both of us to understand what the other is going through.

    i catch glimpses of me understanding, and i catch glimpses of my love compromising where possible.

    it's just a hard one to get through on both parts, but ultimately, papi says whatever it takes to find our compromise is what we'll do.

    i'm going to talk too long if i go on anymore, but thank you for your comment xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Andrea i had also passed the stylish blogger award on to you but hadnt got around to letting you know but i see BLG passed it on to you too..Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to play the oboe too! That's a weird coincidence. I have wanted to play it for years. I think the oboe makes such beautiful music.

    Thank you for listing me on your blog! It's an honor. :) I really enjoy reading your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the award!! That was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the award, it's nice and totally unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for your response, andrea! i was wondering about some of that. lol

    i think it's great that you have yoru blog to freely express yourself. i write my blog anonymously and in doing so, it allows me to be completely honest (for the first time in my life) about my past, my present struggle and the feelings that go along with it. i think sometimes in writing, that is the way you can express yourself the most. it gievs you time to really focus and form your thoughts. so it's great you are both able to share that and it be yet another line of communication between you two. i'm sure that gives a lot of insight into who you are and what you're going through.

    anyways... best of luck to you both! :)

    ReplyDelete

your comments make this world feel smaller ... and you feel closer