Monday, August 22, 2011

Buzzer of a Bugger

Ok.

So I just spent a good 45 minutes writing a post about strength and my magical energy.

But you know what?

I need to share something much more entertaining.

When you look at this picture what do you see?


Perhaps you see Papi getting ready for a day on the bike?

Yes, most would see that, but this is not the case.

You see, we had this massive hornets nest that was twice the size of my head:


My love did a poll on Facebook to see how many people would take care of it themselves, vs. call a professional.

Most people thought mi esposo was crazy to even have to ask, but we all know my love's knack for the DIY project.

We also all know how some of these projects ended.

Regardless, what you were looking at in the first photo is Papi preparing to get rid of the nest without any help from pros.  "I'm not paying hundreds of dollars to someone when I can just do it on my own!"

My love stormed out of the house, and armed himself with the garden hose.  Papi decided that it would be good enough to just put the spray on high as possible, and get rid of those pesky little critters.

No, Papi didn't read this technique on the internet, my love made it up all alone.

The spraying began and they were mad!

But not the same kind of 'mad' that Papi is.

mad

[mad] adjective, mad·der, mad·dest, noun, verb, mad·ded, mad·ding.
adjective
1.
mentally disturbed; deranged; insane; demented.
4.
extremely foolish or unwise; imprudent; irrational: a mad scheme to invade France.
5.
wildly excited or confused; frantic: mad haste.
Here we have it folks.

A hornets' nest being destroyed by Papi:


Yes.

This is my love attacking the nest with only a hose in hand.

Sorry there's a massive yellow post in the way, but unlike my love, I have more brains than to be outside while a ton of pissed hornets try to save their home.  I remained in the house behind the screen door, like any sane person would do.

sane

[seyn]
adjective, san·er, san·est.
1.
free from mental derangement; having a sound, healthy mind: a sane person.
2.
having or showing reason, sound judgment, or good sense: sane advice.
3.
sound; healthy.
So, back to my love the DIY loon.

The nest did indeed get knocked down by the sword of water, however only half of it fell off.

There were hornets flying in every direction and my love's helmet did it's job of keeping my love's gorgeous face free from the sting of the enemy.

Now, what to do with the piece that fell and still has many of those little buggers inside?

Well, naturally, you would use a shovel to pummel it.

There stood my love, hammering the half nest into the dirt with a shovel, while keeping an eye in all directions, and spraying any of the hornets that were coming his way for the kill.

Strike one direction!

Spray the other!

Papi ducked and sprayed as hornets tried to find a way in to attack their opponent. 

My love then decided he needed to bury the half nest into the dirt to rid of it for good.

After every application of a shovel's worth of dirt, Papi buried the nest, continuing to spray in every direction of those who were trying to get to mi esposo from behind.  Somehow, Papi would manage to spray them down before they stung.

Next, we hear from the neighbouring yard, "Hey, you're hitting me with water ya know!"

Papi yelled back, "Sorry!  Just trying to get rid of a hornets' nest!"  There was no response back from the neighbour.  They already think Papi's a bit demented, so I'm sure they just shook their head and carried on.

Truly, it was a sight to be seen.

I owe my love $5, because I made a bet that Papi wouldn't make it out without a sting.

I had visions of racing my love to emergency after being attacked by a mob of buzzers.

Papi did it though.

The nest is gone, and they've moved on to another place to make their home.

Papi never got stung and this amazes me.

A day in the life of Papi 'n I.

Do you see why I love mi esposo so much?

Who needs a tv with this much entertainment around?

Today, we're putting knobs on the kitchen cupboards.  I'm pretty sure I'll have stories to tell you from this escapade as well.

16 comments:

  1. OK, this cracks me UP. Seriously?? Who the hell goes after a hornet's nest with a helmet and a hose?!?

    That. Is. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tricia ... it's nothing but good times here in the Hector-Brown household :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope no bees were hurt in the process. I thought that the picture of the yellow post from behind the protective door was hilarious for some reason. If I got it right, the necessary tools are a high powered hose attachment and a shovel for smacking things, good to know.

    p.s. you've got to put a little more than five dollars on the line where an insane hive of hornets are concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe drone ... it was my last 5 bucks. it was all i had left because i'm still off work from this pisser back.

    so ... the 5 bucks was truly a fortune lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAH *deep breath* HAAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

    Dude, Easton, you are epic. Remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A hornets nest that size? A garden hose? Water? A shovel? Oh my!! Too funny! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh vee ... papi is full of surprises :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Papi's determination!! I would have done the same thing but probably with different results. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. well ... you just need to wear a motorcycle helmet ... apparently it has superpowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. DAMMNIT! You need a VIDEO camera for this kind of thing! I would've LOVED to watched that! Sounds HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh rafa, i did tape the footage, i'm just clueless as to how to get it off the camera and into cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh shit, you are making me die here. i want to see that vid when you get it online. way too funny and i love how you stayed inside where any sane person would be (:

    you have the most exciting life with your Papi and i am glad you share it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really have to get that stuff up alex ... it's hilarious ... just need someone to tell me how to do it!!!

    exciting is one way of putting it lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rafa took the words out of my mouth.

    Hurry up and get it posted.
    I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  15. can you help?!?! i'm so clueless with it!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make this world feel smaller ... and you feel closer